A day to day schedule would consist of answering client calls, responding to emails to help resolve client issues, either with internet, phone service, changes to their phone system as well as configuring PBX for new clients, porting phone numbers and following up on previous support tickets to ensure all issues are resolved.
Candidates must be able to follow SOP, create support tickets, follow through if the issue is not resolved right away, and ask for help if there is a road block until the client issue is resolved. Client satisfaction is above all else.
Must be able to methodically troubleshoot and have a standard on how and what to instead of randomly guessing what to do next, therefore, not finding a solution and frustrating the customers.
Tools of Trade
- VoIP soft switch understanding (Asterisk/Freepbx/FreeSwitch)
- Basic software such as AnyDesk, Office, Online Search, Windows shortcuts, email
- Experience with IP phone configuration & setup
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of networking and troubleshooting
- EXTREMELY well organized & punctual
- must be a self-starter, out of the box thinker, problem solver
- be able to work under pressure, keep organized and look for solutions
- seek out solutions when they hit a roadblock instead of dropping the task and forgetting it
- answer support/general calls & Emails from end users and resolve their issue
- provision new phone systems, phones, port numbers
- manage remote installation of internet & VoIP service with on-site technicians
Basics & Common Sense
- Must have a reliable high speed internet connection
- Working computer and a quite place to work with noise cancelling headphones
- Mobile Phone
- Reliable source of transportation