$50-65k per year
At Vivant, we are seeking a highly experienced Field Network Support Engineer to take charge of managing and maintaining the day-to-day operations of our network infrastructure. You will be responsible for a comprehensive range of tasks, from client support to network system installations and troubleshooting. Your technical expertise, analytical skills, and customer-centric approach will be pivotal in ensuring seamless network operations.
Client Support: Address client inquiries through various channels including calls and emails, resolving Internet and LAN-related issues promptly. Maintain a high level of responsiveness to ensure client satisfaction.
Network System Management: Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network systems utilizing cutting-edge technologies such as Cradlepoint, Ubiquiti, wireless access points, and Meraki switches. Ensure optimal performance and stability.
VoIP and Communication Services: Identify and resolve network issues that impact VOIP, SIP, and RTP communications. Collaborate with VOIP Support team and ISPs to streamline communication services.
Firewall Configuration and Security: Resolve firewall configuration and NAT traversal issues to enhance network security.
Network Configuration: Configure VLANs, Quality of Service (QoS), and VPN setups to optimize network performance and security.
Monitoring and Analysis: Proactively monitor network performance, analyze traffic patterns, and identify and address potential issues before they impact operations.
Collaborative Problem-Solving: Work closely with VOIP Support team, ISPs, and vendors to resolve network-related problems, ensuring a seamless operational environment.
Documentation and Knowledge Management: Develop and maintain comprehensive support documentation for network issues and solutions, ensuring a repository of best practices.
IP Camera Software Management: Install, maintain, and upgrade software for IP cameras to enhance surveillance capabilities.
Methodical Troubleshooting: Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), create support tickets, and meticulously troubleshoot issues to ensure systematic problem resolution.
Mentoring and Coaching: Provide mentorship and coaching to team members, fostering an environment of continuous improvement and exceptional customer service.
Stay Current with Technology: Keep abreast of the latest tools, technologies, and industry best practices to ensure the network infrastructure remains state-of-the-art.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Network Support Engineer. (Asterisk/Freepbx/FreeSwitch or others)
- Proven experience in managed services support.
- Strong proficiency in Layer 2 switching, modem bridging, NAT, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, and WiFi networks.
- Expertise in networking protocols, VLANs, QoS, and VPN.
- Proficiency with diagnostic tools such as ping, traceroute, mtr, network scanning, telnet, port scanning, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Cradlepoint, Ubiquiti, and Meraki networking technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in network design and implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills for diagnosing and improving network performance.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills with support teams, external partners, and clients.
- Strong English language proficiency with clear communication skills.
- Fluent in English with minimal accent
- High-speed internet with at least 10m symmetrical connection and a preferred backup in case of an outage if working from home.
- Access to a working computer and a quiet, distraction-free work environment with noise-canceling headset
Preferred Tools Experience (not mandatory)
- GCP, AWS server management
- Exceptionally organized and punctual
- Proactive, creative problem solver and self-starter
- Thrives under pressure, maintains organization, and seeks solutions when faced with challenges
- Demonstrates persistence and resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Ticket resolution rates
- Time spent per ticket
- Responsiveness to daily tasks
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Attendance and punctuality
- M-F 6 am to 8 pm Central Time, rotating shifts
- Reports to the Dallas Office